Career Opportunity with SocialVolt
User Interface Developer
Location: Overland Park, KS
ApplySocialVolt is an equal opportunity employer.
SocialVolt is a rapidly growing tech startup in the social media management space. Our success is fueled by innovation, flexibility, sharing and listening. We place a high value on integrity and reliability in our fast-paced work environment.
SocialVolt is seeking a User Interface Developer with a firm understanding of semantic, standards-compliant (X)HTML, CSS and jQuery and the ability to create complex layouts with CSS. Must love front-end development and have a positive, get-it-done attitude with the ability to balance a large workload with demanding deadlines.
- Convert/slice PSDs into assets and develop pixel-perfect web layouts
- Collaborate with project managers and production designers to create end-products that capture the client’s social needs and goals
- Work with engineering team to be familiar with latest features and functionality available within our products
- Work on multiple projects and jobs simultaneously requiring stringent attention to detail and excellent time-management capabilities
- Excellent proficiency in semantic (X)HTML, CSS & jQuery
- Proficiency in Photoshop and experienced in building web layouts from PSDs
- Knowledge of browser differences/limitations and how to create cross-browser solutions
- Knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 and what elements are supported in modern browsers
- Experience developing with SASS highly preferred
- Experience using Facebook and Facebook applications§ Strong attention to detail and quality assurance
- Able to work on multiple projects and maintain deadlines
- 1+ years experience working in a professional, team-oriented environment and/or experience working on commercial sites